(Heraklion, Greece based)
Android developer – Full time
As an Android developer at ORTEC you will be part of a unique organisation and team!
We are currently seeking a full time Android mobile developer to join our team in Heraklion, Crete! Come and talk to us for an exciting opportunity at ORTEC For Communications (based in Amsterdam). You will work with a team of international developers and designers on creating innovative, user-central applications.
ORTEC for Communications started in 2011 and is a fast growing, innovative company. We help large organisations to optimise their internal communications, thereby increasing employee engagement. We provide a platform that allows companies to centrally manage their internal content and make it available to employees on a mobile app.
During the previous year we have worked very hard to create an iOS native version in Swift. This version was launched earlier this year and we are currently migrating our customers to this version.
Our next step is to transition the Android version (which is still using Titanium) to native Android (using Kotlin). As we want to make the transition period as short as possible, we are currently looking for an experienced developer that is interested to help build the Android version with us. This is where WE NEED YOUR HELP!
Your tasks will include:
* Design and build advanced applications for the Android platform using Kotlin
* Defining & documenting solutions and brief coworkers on implementation
* Working with the development and design team on the development and maintenance of the Android applications
* Proactively looking for ways to facilitate stable platform growth (interested in new technologies)
* Involved in every step of the development process, from brainstorming product ideas, to pushing apps out the door.
* Maintain applications and enhance features from user feedback
Who you are:
* Graduate of BSc in Computer Science or similar
* Experienced Software Developer with Android development skills
* Experienced working with remote data via REST and JSON
* Pragmatic to problem solving
* Fluent in English (both verbally and in writing)
* Experience with Kotlin
* Experience with HTML/CSS, MySQL
* Familiar with Git, Mongo, Jira
* Flexible, team oriented, self-motivated, proactive, and passionate
What we offer:
* Be a key person within the company working close with the development, project management and design teams
* Early responsibility
* Challenging projects, large (international) customers, ideal for learning & implementing the latest technologies
* A dynamic environment with opportunities to fulfil your ambitions & to evolve initiatives
* An informal, fun but driven culture
* Be part of ORTEC, which hosts several innovative and cutting-edge technology initiatives in a start-up atmosphere
* A competitive salary package, which will grow with your career
What to expect:
We help you to thrive in your field of expertise. We offer development programs, tailored to your individual needs and function requirements, including opportunities to attend courses and seminars. We offer challenging practical hands-on experience with opportunities to work abroad. We operate a flat organisational structure that keeps communication lines short. The atmosphere is open, informal, cooperative and positive. We employ over 1000 people in the Netherlands (HQ), Greece, Belgium, Germany, France, the U.K., Romania, Italy, the U.S., Australia, Brazil, Poland and Denmark.
Visit our website www.ortec.com and www.orteccommunications.com to learn more about our solutions and clients’ experiences.
TO APPLY: Send a direct mail to Haris Mathioudakis (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your CV and motivation letter! We’re looking forward to meet you!