Vacancy: DevOps Engineer in Heraklion, Crete
As a DevOps Engineer at ORTEC for Communications your input will determine the future of our infrastructure.
Who we are…
ORTEC for Communications started in 2011 and is a fast growing, innovative product that helps large companies optimise their internal communications thereby increasing employee engagement. We provide a platform (web, app, newsletters, narrow casting) that allows organisations to engage with their employees.
Our product is…
a global SAAS product. We work with big data and many users, all over the world. Customers like KLM, Bayer and the Dutch tax authorities use our platform to reach their employees with relevant news. Therefore, working with the latest technologies plays a major role. The team consists of software developers (including you), project managers, UI/UX designers and an IT service desk. The ambitious and challenging start-up environment requires us to work closely together as friends.
So, do you like working with the latest technologies, in a start-up environment, in an informal and ambitious team? Can we depend on you as our new team member? Then this is your next step in your career. Apply today!
We are looking for a DevOps engineer to work with us on the following tasks:
- Improve current CI/CD tooling
- Transition to a cloud native infrastructure (containerise our apps and deploy them to Kubernetes)
- Improve our site reliability engineering practices (monitoring and alerting)
- Assist with maintenance of current applications (mostly Node.js)
Our ambition is to build THE digital workplace tool that empowers every employee to get their work done and to feel connected to the company they work for. This vacancy is your chance to play a significant role in the development of our product. We are at the beginning of our cloud native transition so your input will determine the future of our infrastructure. As the team is small your actions and decisions will have immediate impact. If you love to make fundamental changes to production systems used by customers all over the world, this is the job for you!
If you are interested and want to know more about the possibilities or need more information, then please contact Charidimos Mathioudakis.
Who you are
- Have a minimum of 2 years of experience with Cloud environments and related tools at an agency or a project-based company
- CI/CD tooling
- Cloud Native patterns and tools (Docker, Kubernetes…)
- Experience with microservice architectures
- Database administration (mysql/mongo/redis)
- Monitoring/alerting infrastructure (eg: Graylog, Prometheus)
- Pragmatic to problem solving
- Fluent in English (both verbally and in writing)
What we offer
- Entrance to the most passionate powerhouse in applied mathematics
- Join our movement and improve the world
- A dynamic environment with opportunities to fulfil your ambitions & to evolve initiatives
- A unique work experience in an open, creative and informal atmosphere with inspiring, smart and enthusiastic colleagues
- Be a key person within the company working close with the development, project management and design teams
- Early responsibility
- Opportunities for training, attending conferences and personal development
- A new MacBook Pro
- An excellent salary package, which will grow with your career
What to expect
We will help you to thrive in your field of expertise. We offer development programs, tailored to your individual needs and function requirements, including opportunities to attend courses and seminars. We offer challenging, practical hands-on experience with opportunities to work abroad. We operate in a flat organisational structure that keeps communication lines short. The atmosphere is open, informal, cooperative and positive. We employ over 800 people in the Netherlands (HQ), Greece, Belgium, Germany, France, the U.K., Romania, Italy, the U.S., Australia, Brazil, Poland, Denmark and Singapore.
Visit our website www.ortec.com to learn more about our solutions and clients’ experiences.
TO APPLY: Send a direct mail to Charidimos Mathioudakis (email@example.com) with your CV and motivation letter! We’re looking forward to meet you!